We are following these guidelines as professional photographers to follow state and local leaders’ phased-in efforts to re-open businesses:
Adherence to State and Local guidelines
Above all, professional photographers believe in being good community citizens. We will work cooperatively with the state and local leaders to provide a safe environment for all. By adhering to guidelines set forth by the Centers for Disease Control, we believe we can reopen photography businesses safely, and at the same time, contribute in to the emotional and financial healing process that needs to take place in a post-COVID-19 world.
Personal Protective Equipment
The use of PPE masks will be used when working with a client and social distancing is not possible. We recommend that this measure continue through the end of phase three as outlined in recently released federal guidelines. The guidelines can be found at: https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/
Social distancing / No touch
Photographers and clients will maintain social distancing, using no-touch posing methods when at all possible. Until further notice is received from the CDC and other health officials, the maximum gathering for a photographic shoot of 10 or fewer persons should be observed.
By appointment only:
All headshot sessions are by appointment only, this allows sufficient time to sanitize photographic equipment and common areas after each client session. Only one client (and family) will be allowed in studio facilities at any given time.
Temperature checks and screening questions
Temperature checks should be conducted for each photographic client (including each member of the family present) prior to each session. Any client with a fever exceeding 100.4 degrees should be rescheduled.
If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions please reschedule you appoint.
- Are you feeling sick?
- Have you had a cough or any flu-like or COVID symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms with the last 14 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
Adherence to sanitation protocols
Sanitation protocols prior to each client include the following:
- Washing hands regularly before and after photographic sessions
- Sanitation of all props, chairs, benches with which a client may come into contact
- Sanitation of restroom/dressing facilities if available to clients in-studio
- Sanitation of common areas, including door knobs (interior and exterior), counter tops, pens and pencils, tablets and monitors
- Removal of unnecessary paper products or décor (magazines, newspapers, extraneous sales materials)